Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

FFA

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation

Top

Headlines

Home > breadcrumbs: Activities & Athletics > breadcrumbs: FFA >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Skip image

Story image 1_0
5c87d8687acd8 Greenhand Degree Recipients Front Row: Maddison McLaughlin, Mia Leighty, Lauren Derner, Haley Halbur, Emma Hart, Hannah Wurzer, Miranda Garcia, Alexa Culbertson, Alaya Betts Back Row: Jonathan Halterman, Rex Doty, Kale Pevestorf, Wyatt Wurzer Madison Hanks, and Noah Heck not pictured: Amber Goebel and Jacob Reiling
2019-2020 Officer Team: Treasurer- Jacob Anthofer, Sentinel- Cassidy Baker, Reporter- Chloe Parkis, Assistant Officer- Sammie Jackson, Secretary- Madison Mohr, President-Trevor Hoffman, and Vice President- Madi Schultes
Greenhand Degree Recipients Front Row: Maddison McLaughlin, Mia Leighty, Lauren Derner, Haley Halbur, Emma Hart, Hannah Wurzer, Miranda Garcia, Alexa Culbertson, Alaya Betts Back Row: Jonathan Halterman, Rex Doty, Kale Pevestorf, Wyatt Wurzer Madison Hanks, and Noah Heck not pictured: Amber Goebel and Jacob Reiling

FFA Banquet

March 12, 2019

The Coon Rapids-Bayard FFA banquet was held Thursday, March 7th at the high school commons and auditorium. There were 110 members, parents, and guests present at the 39th annual banquet. This gathering entailed dinner, awards, and 2019-2020 officer installations.

Two middle school FFA members received their Discovery FFA Degrees. These members include Peyton Schultes and Laura Anthofer. In order to receive this award these members were required to participate in one FFA activity outside of scheduled class time.

Seventeen first year high school members received their Greenhand FFA Degree. These members included Emma Hart, Mia Leighty, Lauren Derner, Noah Heck, Haley Halbur, Rex Doty, Hannah Wurzer, Jacob Reiling, Alaya Betts, Madison Hanks, Amber Goebel, Maddison McLaughlin, Alexa Culbertson, Miranda Garcia, Kale Pevestorf, Wyatt Wurzer, and Jonathan Halterman. Emma Hart also received the Star Greenhand Award. This award is given to the most active first year member and voted on by the officers.

Eight FFA members received their Chapter FFA Degree. This is the highest degree a chapter can bestow on their members. Cassidy Baker, Madison Mohr, Sammie Jackson, Trevor Hoffman, Jesse Schultes, Jacob Anthofer, Chloe Parkis, and Aaron McAlister received this award. The Star Chapter Award was presented to the active member who has the strongest Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) project. The winner of this award was Trevor Hoffman.

The Blue and gold award was presented to a company, business, organization, or trust that has supported the chapter in various ways. The winner of the Blue and Gold Award was Landus Cooperative. They've helped our chapter in many ways this year including helping students plan and implement a crop plan for the FFA plot, as well as donating the inputs for them to successfully carry out their plan.  

The next award was the Honorary Chapter Degree. This award is given to a community member who has greatly helped out the FFA Chapter and it’s members. The chapter voted to award Al Schroeder for the Honorary Chapter Degree. He has lent his time and equipment to help the members plant and harvest the FFA plot year after year.

Coon Rapids-Bayard FFA Alumni President, Marissa Donahue, presented a speech at the banquet that urged parents and guests to join the FFA Alumni. She gave examples of ways that they help our FFA chapter, such as with expenses and scholarships. Marissa talked about how it’s not required to have gone to Coon Rapids-Bayard High School or have been a part of a FFA chapter to join the Alumni. Marissa then presented three members with $300 scholarships from the CR-B FFA Alumni to help in the costs associated with attending the Washington Leadership Conference (WLC) in Washington D.C. this summer. The members who received the scholarships are Madison Mohr, Madison Schultes, and Cassidy Baker.

After awards, we gave recognition to students who participated in Career Development Events. These events help members to develop communications skills, leadership skills, and agricultural skills that can be used in their future careers. Caitlin Schultes received a silver rating at the state job interview contest last April. The soils evaluation team consisting of Jacob Anthofer, Aaron McAlister, Trevor Hoffman, Jonathan Halterman, Kale Pevestorf, Wyatt Wurzer and Jesse Schultes received a silver rating at the south west district soil evaluation contest. Mia Leighty was the creed speaking representative from Coon Rapids-Bayard FFA. Mia earned a gold rating at sub-district contests and was alternate for districts. Madison Mohr was recognized as the alternate for districts in the extemporaneous speaking contest. Cassidy Baker placed second with a gold rating in the prepared public speaking contest at the subdistrict level. She received a bronze rating after competing in districts. Members were also recognized for attending leadership conferences such as state convention, national convention, greenhand fire up, ignite, and amplify.

The next award given out was the academic achievement award. In order to receive this award, students must have a grade point average above 3.5. Sixteen members qualified for this award. These members were Aaron McAlister, Alexa Culbertson, Cassidy Baker, Chloe Parkis, Emma Hart, Haley Halbur, Jonathan Halterman, Kale Pevestorf, Lauren Derner, Maddison McLaughlin, Madison Mohr, Mia Leighty, Mira Esdohr, Miranda Garcia, Noah Heck, and Sammie Jackson.

Students who excelled in fundraising for the year were recognized. Fruit sales is one of our FFA chapters main fundraisers. Each year the chapter sets a goal for members to meet in sales. The following members were awarded for exceeding the goal: Trevor Hoffman, Haley Halbur, Jonathan Halterman, Amber Goebel, Madison Schultes, Rex Doty Emma Hart, Alaya Betts, Cassidy Baker, and Jesse Schultes. Mira Esdohr received an award for top fruit sales. Students also worked at World Pork Expo to raise funds for the chapter. The following students were recognized for working all six day of the expo: Jesse Schultes, Sammie Jackson, Jacob Anthofer, and Madi Schultes.

The past year's officer team was recognized for their leadership. The officers recognized were President Madison Mohr, Vice President Madi Schultes, Secretary Chloe Parkis, Treasurer Jacob Anthofer, Reporter Sammie Jackson, and Sentinel Trevor Hoffman. Madison Mohr received the leadership award for her outstanding service as the chapter president. We then watched our annual year in review slideshow and reminisced on the memories we made.

The Coon Rapids-Bayard 2019-2020 Officers were installed to end the evening. Trevor Hoffman was installed into the office of President, Madison Schultes to Vice President, Madison Mohr to Secretary, Jacob Anthofer to Treasurer, Chloe Parkis to Reporter, and Cassidy Baker to Sentinel, and Sammie Jackson to Assistant Officer.

The Coon Rapids-Bayard FFA officers and chapter members would like to thank all of our supporters from the past year. We are looking forward to all of the great things we will accomplish in the next year!

Respectfully Submitted,

Chloe Parkis, Coon Rapids-Bayard FFA Reporter

Back To Top