Mr. Orlano's Guidance Corner
January 22, 2016
Seniors: This will be a very busy year for you. I hope you will look at this web page for information on colleges and scholarship opportunities.
If you are planning to attend Iowa Central Community College, please check the number of scholarship opportunities. Please go to www.iowacentral.edu
Each month I will be outlining a check list of items you can work on during the year.
- Remember to keep copies of all forms you submit to colleges and agencies.
- If colleges are requesting first sememster transcripts please contact me.
- If you have decided on which college you will be attending in the fall, remember to send in your housing deposit and or application.
- Register now if you are going to take the ACT in March. Also talk to Mr. Orlano about taking the Pre ACT in February.
- Build a list of colleges to consider. Use the college match feature at CollegeRaptor.com to find the best fit and compare estimates for grants and scholarships.
- If you plan on playing sports in college, visit NCAAclearinghouse.net to register and complete the amateurism questionnaire.
Seniors: Here is a practice test for the Compass exam. Just go to the web address below and get started.
The 2017-18 Iowa Financial Aid Application is available on the Iowa College Aid website (www.iowacollegeaid.gov), or directly at https://icaps.iowacollegeaid.
DMACC Foundation Scholarship Application for High Schools Seniors - Class of 2017, is now available to complete on the DMACC Website. This is a unique opportunity that only the Graduating High School Seniors are eligible to apply for and they will not be competing against any current DMACC students. The average scholarship amount is $500 and students are eligible to apply every semester. The application deadline is Friday, March 3rd at 4 p.m.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria: Current High School Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
For more information on the DMACC Foundation Scholarship, please go to: https://www.dmacc.edu/
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Scholarship. Is now available in Mr. Orlano's office. Please see me for application and details. Deadline is March 31st. For more information please go to https://www.stanthonyhospital.
The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) at Iowa State University has an online scholarship application called FinAidScholar. The Fin Aid Scholar application is a single application for all scholarships administered through the OSFA. This application will be available beginning 1 September.
Check out this website Raise.me for opportunities for scholarships. Signing up is free!!! https://www.raise.me/